If it was not for my new stairlift, I would have been stuck in hospital for weeks.
Our Acorn 130 Stairlift
The ideal solution for a straight staircase.
The ultimate staircase solution giving you the full use of the home you love.
Blending seamlessly into your home, with a smooth start and stop mechanism, you can glide effortlessly up and down the stairs.
All of Acorn’s current stairlifts have been independently tested and certified to comply with the newest European safety standard for stairlifts, BS EN 81-40:2008, as well as the worldwide standard for stairlifts, ISO 9836-2:2000.
Contact us for FREE no obligation advice and speak to one of our friendly experts.
- Fits quickly and easily to the stairs, not the wall
- Requires no structural changes to your home
- Stairlifts also available for narrow stairs
- Affordable and reliable with low running costs
- Slimline and folds away conveniently when not in use
- Comfortable padded seat and backrest which is hard-wearing and gives extra support.
- Simple two direction switch is easy to use.
- Inertia seat belt fitted as standard provides security and safety to the user.
- The stairlift's seat, arms and footrest fold away neatly when not in use.
- The seat of the stairlift swivels to allow the user to exit the lift without discomfort.
- Fits directly to your stairs and plugs into a dedicated UK mains electrical socket, so no structural or electrical changes are needed to made to your staircase or home.
- The stairlift can be safely locked and deactivated with a key.
- Simple digital display shows the stairlift's status to the user.
- For added safety, the stairlift has five safety sensors on the footrest and carriage that immediately stop the lift at any obstruction on your staircase.
- Two remote controls come as standard to call the lift with large easy to use buttons.
|B||Height of Seat||440||17.25|
|C||Overall depth (from wall)||570||22.5|
|D||Overall depth (when folded)||310||12.25|
|E||Width of footrest||310||12.25|
|G||Depth of seat||425||16|
This stairlift is independently tested to comply with:
- BS EN 81-40:2008 - European safety standard - 'Specification for powered stairlifts'.
- CE mark - Acorn Stairlift meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).
- ASME compliant for mechanical and electrical hazards - ASME A18.1 and A17.5.
- ISO 9386:2-2000 International standard for stairlifts.
|Motor output speed||120mm/s | 4.8inches per second - No greater than 0.15 meters per second|
|Method of drive||rack and pinion|
|Power supply||24V DC (battery)|
|Track||Modular rail, extruded aluminium|
|Mains supply||50-60Hz, 100-240V AC|
* NOTE: Acorn in keeping with its policy of continual development, reserves the right to change specification without notice. All measurements are approximate.
If there is a doorway near the foot of the stairs the optional manual hinged rail is ideal.
The lower section of the rail can be folded up and out of the way manually using call stations placed at the top and bottom of the staircase, allowing greater access at the foot of the stairs.
When the stairlift is not is use, the rail is neatly out of the way and causes no obstruction.
I've regained my confidence and I'm no longer scared of the stairs.
I would restrict myself to going upstairs just once a day as it was too painful to make the climb more often. One afternoon I was so exhausted and desperately fed up of not being able to live comfortably in my own house.
I liked the look of Acorn immediately. From an engineers perspective I could see the stairlift was very well constructed.
A stairlift was the best way of keeping my independence.
The stairlift has made a wonderful difference to our lives.
For 13 years the impact of the condition gradually got worse and I grew to dread climbing the stairs in my own home because it was just too painful, too draining and after a number of falls too frightening.