Our knowledge and experience
Acorn have manufactured and supplied stairlifts to hundreds of thousands of homes worldwide. And with over 125,000 Acorn Stairlifts in use today, we have the knowledge and expertise to give you the best possible experience when buying a stairlift.
Every day we receive letters about how our customers are enjoying the freedom that an Acorn Stairlifts has given them. Here are a few. For more, visit our customer comments page.
" My husband is now able to go upstairs without fighting for his breath. "
Mrs Moreton, Waltham Abbey
" The stairlift has changed my life and I wish I had got one a few years ago. It has made a huge difference as I can now get upstairs without suffering. "
Mrs Norman, Feltham
" I am now able to sleep in my own bed rather than in a reclining chair. I would recommend Acorn due to the efficient way our enquiry was dealt with. "
Mr J Gower, Chelmsford
We believe that having difficulties with your stairs should not stop you from having an independent lifestyle.
Our stairlifts are designed for you. We've developed our stairlifts so they are safe, reliable, easy to use and are suitable for nearly all types of stairs.
Acorn Stairlifts are designed and tested to industry standards and have the following features, recommended by Dr Hilary Jones.
- Safety Sensors that automatically cut off power to the lift when the sensors are activated.
- Swivel Seats enable you to sit on and get off of the stairlift, without twisting your body.
- Smooth starting and stopping means that your stairlift begins to travel and stop with such smoothness that you hardly even notice
- DC Power that means that in the event of a power cut your stairlift won't shudder to a halt, but continue safely to the end of your journey.
- Remote controls allows you to simply call and send the stairlift, so that if a friend or partner should wish to use the lift, you can send it back to them once you've used it.
- Simple switch or paddle controls makes operating your stairlift simplicity itself, with no fuss or fiddling about.
- A safety belt means you are safe and secure whilst using the stairlift, giving you peace of mind.
- A digital diagnostic display means that in the unlikely event of a fault, the stairlift can be easily diagnosed