But dig a little deeper and you’ll discover there are many reasons why a stairlift makes sense, from the way it makes you feel to the ‘quality of life’ benefits it delivers. At Acorn Stairlifts we greatly value the feedback we get from customers. It’s helped us identify the top five reasons why people invest in an Acorn Stairlift:
- Safety: Surely the number one reason for investing in an Acorn Stairlift has to be safety. Unfortunately, some of our customers buy their stairlift after suffering an accident on the stairs. While we’re always happy to help, we’d much rather they bought it before they came unstuck, as an investment in accident prevention. If you’re unsteady on your feet, have difficulty with balance, no longer trust the strength in your limbs, or get light-headed and worry about blackouts, now’s the time to protect yourself. Accidents can happen anywhere in the home, but accidents on the stairs can have much worse outcomes. An Acorn Stairlift lets you use the stairs in safety, free from the worry of falling.
- Independence: Some people are initially reluctant to get a stairlift because they see it as ‘giving in’ to reduced mobility or even ‘giving up’ their independence. In fact, the exact opposite is true. Investing in an Acorn Stairlift is a positive step to combat reduced mobility and it actually safeguards your continued independence at home. It means you can use the stairs in your home as often as you like, in safety and comfort, without needing help from anyone else. If your eyesight was starting to deteriorate, would you ask someone else to read to you? Or would you invest in some reading glasses so you can continue to read independently. Investing in an Acorn Stairlift is really no different.
- Full access: As people start to struggle with the stairs, they find themselves constricted in how they use their home. It might start in a small way, by limiting how often you use the stairs. For example, rather than popping upstairs for something when you first think of it, you might wait until the next time you need to go upstairs and do it then… if you remember. This can turn to full-scale planning of your daily routine based on minimising how often you use the stairs. Ultimately, you might think of living on one level, converting a ground floor dining room to a bedroom, or installing a downstairs loo or shower room. But why limit yourself and stop using parts of the home you love, when an Acorn Stairlift removes the obstacle of stairs at a single stroke? It gives you full access to all your home whenever you like and as often as you like, without the stairs dictating your daily routine.
- Peace of Mind: Many of our customers talk about the peace of mind they enjoy once their stairlift is in place, and that enjoyment extends to their loved ones too. You might think you’re fine on the stairs, but your loved ones see you struggling and worry about your welfare. A high proportion of inquiries to Acorn come not from the people who will use our stairlifts, but from concerned members of their families, usually their grown-up children. An Acorn Stairlift will not only assist you, but will give your loved ones peace of mind from knowing you can use the stairs safely when they’re not there.
- Quality of life: If you struggle with the stairs, an Acorn Stairlift makes life better, simple as that! For many people, struggling up or down stairs can become an uncomfortable and even painful experience. It can leave you out of breath, with pain from sore joints or even chest pain if you have a condition such as angina. Why soldier on in daily discomfort when an Acorn Stairlift can take the pain and worry away? The energy you save can be put to so many better uses. Once they’ve experienced the enhanced quality of life an Acorn Stairlift brings, many of our customers tell us they only wish they’d got one sooner!
Although these are our top five reasons, it’s almost always a combination rather than a single one which convinces people to invest in an Acorn Stairlift. If you’re considering a stairlift for any or all of the reasons above, give us a call today on 0808 223 4871 or click on the ‘Get a Free Brochure’ or ‘Quick Free Quote’ buttons at the top right of this page.