Skip to main content

Your local council may be able to help with a Disabled Facilities Grant. A Disabled Facilities Grant can be used towards the cost of adapting your home to enable you to continue to live there. A grant is paid when the council considers that changes are necessary to meet your needs, and that the work is reasonable and practical. A grant can be used for adaptations to give you better freedom of movement around your home - for example, by installing a stairlift. The DirectGov website has lots of useful information and how to apply. Or alternatively you could contact your Local Council directly.

Answered: by

« Back to FAQ